- 12 ounces ground pork (lean)
- 8 ounces penne pasta (whole grain, about 3 cups)
- 3 cups tomato pasta sauce (spicy, OR plain tomato-basil pasta sauce)
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese low fat
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (OR Asiago cheese, freshly grated)
- Cook pasta in large saucepan with unsalted water according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook ground pork over medium-high heat in large, nonstick skillet about 3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking pork in to 3/4-inch crumbles. Drain and discard any juices.
- Add hot pasta to ground pork in skillet. Stir in pasta sauce and ricotta cheese. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.